Proudly 100% Australian owned and operated.
Inspiration for the innovative and unique concept was driven by a growing shift in casual diners wanting a fast, healthy and value for money burger. A burger that uses gourmet, fresh, yet indulgent ingredients such as premium grade grass fed Beef, fresh Avocado, Short Rindless Bacon, Sourdough Bread, Free Range Eggs, and special recipe Aioli, all cooked fresh in an open kitchen, and in front of the customer.
At the time, it was a revolution in “Fast Food” and quickly fuelled the evolutionary palette of the urban QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) customer that now demanded fresh and tasty be included amongst fast and healthy in their culinary choices. Burger Edge then took off.
Many competitors have come and gone, but Burger Edge continues to reinvent itself. In 2009, a management buyout saw the business transfer ownership to the previous Victorian Master and capital backers. With this change, the fledging franchise invested in a major rebranding update with a more avante garde design and decor rolled out across the new stores. Retrofitting commenced in the legacy sites. Other improvements included upgrading the IT infrastructure, POS system, re-writing the operational manuals, standardising equipment and fit outs guidelines, fine tuning flow systems for product quality consistency and national plan for growth across the expanding store network.
Our business philosophies are simple. No system is truly tested and proven sustainable until it openly welcomes change as its only true constant. Burger Edge is not exempt. We continue to identify and work to refine our value and systems because market forces, customers and competition will always reshape our business and affirm our appeal.
Burger Edge is owned and managed by Issam and Enza Soubjaki. Both former franchisees and Victorian Master Franchisees. Both have spent considerable time working in and on the system at all levels. In 2009, they successfully acquired the business from the founding franchisors and went about re-building the brand and setting it onto a path of growth and sustainability for both franchisees and shareholders alike.
Issam and Enza live and work by a few simple rules:
- Invest in a relationship and the returns will multiply.
- WYSIWYG: What You See Is What You Get. No pretentions, No hierarchy, No buck passing.
- Say what you do, do what you say.
- That which you fear the most, will meet you half way. Face your issues head on.
- Approach anything you want with everything you have.
- Always be prepared to roll up your sleeves for franchisees at a moments notice.
- Franchisees are the living embodiment of the brands viability and long term sustainability. They are your lifeblood.
- Lead by example.
- Do not be afraid to talk about a problem with a peer. They are likely thinking about the same thing.
- Never, Never, Never give up.